Our Lady of Lourdes School is located in Taunton, Massachusetts. We serve children in preschool through eighth grade from Taunton and surrounding towns. Manageable class size and a personalized approach to learning create a family atmosphere in which our students feel nurtured and accepted. At Our Lady of Lourdes School, we know the value of a rigorous academic program embedded with Catholic values. Our faculty and staff are experts in their respective subjects and they are truly committed to their students. We believe that a strong education is one that teaches the whole child. For that reason, we offer classes in the Fine Arts, including music, art and drama, Technology, Physical Education, Library, and Spanish. Our Parents’ Guild provides special enrichment programs for children beyond the traditional curriculum three times a year. Field trips are encouraged to broaden students’ experience and world view. For students with IEP’s or 504 Plans, we have a certified Special Education teacher on staff. Before and after school care is available and we have a variety of after school clubs throughout the year, such as Robotics, Track and Field, STEM, Arts and Crafts, Cooking, and Knitting. Each month, students from all grade levels are involved in meaningful service projects. As part of their faith formation, students attend weekly Mass with their Prayer Partners from other grades.
We think that Our Lady of Lourdes School is a special place. We encourage visitors to check us out and see for yourselves. We’re sure you will agree with us that Our Lady of Lourdes is a little school with a big heart!
Quick Facts about OLOL
- Established in 1963, offering a long tradition of academic excellence
- Grades Offered: Full Day Pre-K through Grade 8 with open enrollment
- Teacher Longevity: Small class sizes provide a caring and nurturing learning environment
- Technology, Art, Music, Library, and Physical Education classes
- Morning prayer, monthly Mass, and Community service projects
- Lunch Room: Hot lunch offered 4 days a week
- The school day is 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Drop-off can begin at 8:30 am. Pre-Kindergarten hours are 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Extended Day Program: Before School from 7:00 a.m. to after school until 5:30 p.m.
- Music lessons on-site and Performance Group presentations
- All students participate in an annual Christmas and Spring Concert
- Parent’s Guild develops, organizes, and initiates family enrichment and social activities
- Tuition costs at a very affordable rate, so that parents can give their children the gift of a quality Catholic Education