Through our partnership with The S.E.A.L. Foundation, OLOL offers a state-of-the-art special education program through the implementation of the Pathways Approach Program, which ensures students with learning differences can thrive, achieve and succeed. Through the Pathways Approach Program, students with learning differences have full access to a Catholic education with the accommodations and modifications needed to support their unique learning profile.
At Our Lady of Lourdes:
• We will partner with families to create an OLOL Student Success Plan tailored for your student
• Our Special Education Teacher will work to support students inside and outside of the classroom
• We will provide Speech and Language services for students on active IEP’s who require this support
• Dyslexia Screening will be provided for all student in K
The Pathways Approach Program provides:
• On site special education teacher(s)
• Access to Orton Gillingham trained teacher(s)
• Understanding of learning differences through professional development for all school staff
• IEP and Accommodation Plan development and implementation as appropriate to the setting and staffing
• Classroom accommodations and modifications of the curriculum tailored to student needs
• Differentiation to meet the needs of all learners
The Pathways Approach welcomes students with dyslexia, high functioning autism, executive functioning, dysgraphia, language processing or written expression differences, dyscalculia (Math), and non-verbal learning differences. We help capable students who need to have specialized support for learning acquisition.
The Pathways Approach Program does not, at this time, have the resources to help students with oppositional defiant disorder, personality or psychotic disorders, or very complex learning profiles.
Students in the Pathways Approach Program will receive direct services and support from special education teachers either one-on-one or in small groups. Students will be fully integrated into the academic and co-curricular life of the school. Our special education teachers work collaboratively with classroom teachers to ensure that each child receives the instruction, accommodations and modifications that they need to reach their potential.